Marlins have contacted the Orioles about trading for Chris Davis

AlbionHero

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Among the players as to whom the Marlins have inquired are Evan Gattis of the Braves and Chris Davis of the Orioles, per the report. The pair of 28-year-olds are in quite different situations, needless to say, but obviously each hold their own appeal. Davis is a left-handed hitter who is coming off a down year and looking to bolster his 50-home run resume in his final season before reaching free agency.

Miami would be required to part with a valued young arm to land either player, the report suggests. One possibility would be a deal involving well-regarded lefty Andrew Heaney, though of course the Fish are generally well-stocked in rotation prospects.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would try for Heaney and Realmuto... Realmuto would be insurance for when Wieters leaves and Heaney would be an excellent rotation candidate.

If, IF, seriously IF the Marlins would offer Heaney, I wouldn't even ask for another prospect, say thank you and hang up the phone then call the Comissioners Office to make it official.

I actually think Chris will rebound, but, 6 years of Heaney is worth more than a year of Chris.

One year of Davis for 6 years of Heaney is an interesting thought.

If the Marlins offered Heaney for Davis, I would personally be willing to drive CD to Miami. Nothing personal, I love CD but getting a very good pitching prospect who also happens to be a lefty (could be handy for when/if Chen walks) is just to good to pass up for one more year of CD.

I like Davis and think he bounces back. But make that trade for Heaney.

Yea to me its not even about if Davis will bounce back or not.

If he does bounce back he has no impetus to sign prior to hitting the FA market and will be gone.

If he does not bounce back then do you really want him around after this next season?

I would not give CD away by any stretch of the imagination but if you can net a top 30 pitching prospect for him...well that to me is a no brainer.

Archived